Gulf Beach Masonic Lodge recently purchased $500 worth of Christmas gifts for six local children ages 3 -12 at the recent Salvation Army Angel Tree. This was done in connection with the Lodge manning the Angel Tree booth at Tyrone Mall in St. Petersburg for the fourteenth consecutive year. What a blessing it is to be able to bring joy into a child’s life.
Gulf Beach Masonic Lodge, located at 14020 Marguerite Dr. in Madeira Beach, took part in the Salvation Army Angel Tree program for the fourteenth consecutive year at Tyrone Mall. The Angel Tree program is designed to provide holiday gifts for needy children in the community. Over nineteen members of Gulf Beach Masonic Lodge took turns manning the Angel Tree booth at the Mall on December 3rd. It was a very moving experience for the Masons to see how the community comes together to bring joy to the hearts of children this time of year. Gulf Beach Masonic Lodge is appreciative of the Salvation Army for allowing them to take part in this worthy program, and encourages other organizations and individuals to take part in this event in the future.
It was a wonderful evening of fellowship at Gulf Beach Lodge tonight, here is what transpired.
- The OES prepared a wonderful beef stew for the meal prior to the meeting
- The lodge donated $500 for the purchase of Christmas gifts for needy children
- The lodge donated $900 for the purchase of the Bengston Holiday Food baskets
- Cards were passed around for our sick and distressed brothers
- The following brothers were elected to Lodge office for 2023
- Joseph Sosa – Worshipful Master Elect
- Bobby Burkett II – Senior Warden Elect
- Buck Owens – Junior Warden Elect
- Howard Knapp – Treasurer Elect
- Steve Johnson – Secretary Elect
- Open Installation was announced for 11:00 am on Saturday January 7th
Please join us this Saturday at Tyrone Mall for our annual volunteering with the Salvation Army Angel Tree