Masonic Home of Florida Board Meeting at 11:00 am. Address: 3201 1st St N, Saint Petersburg, FL 33704. All Florida master masons are welcome to attend.
It was a wonderful evening of Masonry last night at Gulf Beach Lodge, here is what we accomplished.
- Two prospects came out to visit with the membership prior to the meeting
- A petition was read for the Three Degrees
- W∴ Robert Calhoun was elected into Honorary Membership
- The craft donated $100.00 to the Shriner’s Childrens Hospital
- The craft donated $100.00 to the Masonic Home Treat Fund
- Br∴ Mark Sawa-Szostak, D18 Chairman of LYPMGC, spoke on his committee and we collected $77.00 by passing the hat for the program
- R∴W∴ Howard Knapp gave Masonic Education on the break-down of Lodge Dues, Per Capita and LYPMGC
It was a great night! Come out next week and hear a presentation by our York Rite members on ‘Fervency & Zeal’.
Meet us at 11:30 am at Centennial Park, Ybor City: 1800 E 8th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605. We will be taking the FREE historic trolley ride through Ybor City and then having lunch at the Tampa Bay Brewing Company in Centro Ybor, located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. This is open to all family and friends, and children.
Fifty-one Masons enjoyed a wonderful Master Mason Degree last night at Gulf Beach Lodge. Steve Johnson and Gregg Pappas prepared a delicious traditional Greek dinner after which everyone retired upstairs to see Brother Tasos Oureilidis Raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason.
Brother Eric Jaramillo of Star Lodge No 78, along with his Worshipful Master, Jim Clouser, presented the District 18 Unity Gavel to Brother Oureilidis. Also, Star Lodge retrieved the Traveling Gavel, which was created to promote visitation between the lodges within the district.
It was a wonderful night of fellowship and brotherly love.
As a side note, our most senior member, Brother Dean Fink age 93, was in attendance along with his other Masonic Home brothers, Guy and Guy D. Wilson.
It was great to be back from a long and restful summer break. Thirty masons from as far away as Kentucky came to enjoy a night of fellowship. Here is what went on….
- Br∴Tasos Oureilidis returned a fantastic fellowcraft catechism led by Br∴ Buck Owens.
- A first-time visitor from Hiram Lodge No. 4 in Kentucky was in attendance.
- Cards were sent out to our sick and distressed brothers and families.
- The petition of Br∴ Tim Delaney for dual membership was read.
- Brs∴ Bobby Burkett and Steve Johnson received their purple cards and certificates from R∴W∴ Ron MacMillan, District 18 Chairman of Masonic Education, for completing all the lodge officer training courses (photo at left; Br:. Johnson is in the center).
- Br∴ Joe Sosa received his perpetual membership card, certificate, and pin (photo at right; Br. Sosa appears at right of W:. Master).
- The craft donated $100 to Beech Grove Lodge 694 in Indiana, following a devastating fire which destroyed their Lodge.
- The craft approved the casting of our 70th Anniversary Coins for 2020.
- A resolution for honorary membership was read and approved.
- A member of the lodge stepped up to pay the dues of a brother in need.
- R∴W∴ Howard Knapp gave a talk on the 9-11 tragedy eighteen years ago and also about the close tie our lodge has had with the fire service: six of our sixty-nine masters have been firefighters
- Please join us next week for Br:. Oureilidis’ masters degree.
If you missed the meeting last night, here are some of the great things that were accomplished.
- Our OES prepared a pot pie dinner prior to the meeting
- Br∴ Jim Frobe was installed as Musician by the Master
- A first time visitor from Linden Lodge 637 in Ohio was welcomed
- Cards were sent to our sick and distressed brothers
- Br∴ Greg Pappas returned his Master Mason Catechism
- R∴W∴ Howard Knapp presented Br∴ Pappas his lambskin apron (photo bottom right)
- W∴ David Neville presented Br∴ Pappas his catechism proficiency card
- W∴ Neville presented Br∴ Frobe his officer name badge
- W∴ Oscar Salazar received the 2018 Masonic Education Award and the Adopt A Classroom Award from Grand Lodge (photo left below)
- Brs∴ Tracy Livingston and Gregg Pappas received their Master Mason Certificates (photo below at right)
- The brothers approved moving forward with volunteering with Keep Pinellas Beautiful
- The craft donated $200 for the MDA Bowl-a-thon
- The craft donated $75 to the refurbishing of historic Masons Hall in Richmond Virginia
- R∴W∴ Howard Knapp presented Masonic Education on Yorktown Lodge No. 205 in Yorktown Virginia which he visited this week.
- Next Thursday is the last meeting before going Dark for July & August.
R∴W∴ Rick Wendling, District Deputy Grand Master of District 18, held his first official visit at Gulf Beach Lodge No. 291 last night in presence of 44 members and visitors. Traveling with R∴W∴ Rick were the District Instructor, R∴H∴ Tom Quay along with 12 of the District Committeemen.
The evening began with a wonderful meal prepared by the Junior Warden, Mark Sawa-Szostak. Here is the business that was conducted.
- Introduction and Grand Honors for the DDGM
- Introduction of dignitaries in attendance
- First time visitors from Rhode Island and Punta Gorda were welcomed
- A prayer and moment of silence was offered in memory of W∴W∴ John E. Karroum
- The craft donated $100 to the Rainbow Girls and $100 to the DeMolay in memory of M∴W∴ Karroum
- The craft voted to donate $200 to a fundraiser in Madeira Beach raising money to offset the expense of a kidney transplant for the husband of the Fire Chief’s Administrative Assistant.
- A moment of silence was offered in honor of D-Day and Br ∴ Dean Fink was recognized as our last WWII veteran at Gulf Beach Lodge.
- R∴W∴ Rick Wendling was presented an Honorary Membership to Gulf Beach Lodge
- Brs∴ Mark Sawa-Szostak and Roy Puccini received certificates from the Suncoast Master Mason Assn. for their participation in the recent Valspar Fundraiser
- The District Committeemen each gave a short talk on their committee
- R∴W∴ Wendling gave Masonic Education on the duties of the Lodge Investigating Committee
- R∴W∴ Wendling gave the Grand Master’s Address which was well received.
Twenty-nine Masons from as far away as Wisconsin and Rhode Island joined other members and visitors at Gulf Beach Lodge last night for an evening of fellowship and education. R:.W:. Howard Knapp gave a talk on the symbolism within the Entered Apprentice Degree. A great time was had by all.
It was a great evening of fellowship and Masonry last night at Gulf Beach Lodge. Here is what we did.
- Brother Steve Gordy received his 25 year certificate and pin from the Master (image below at left)
- Brother Mark Sawa-Szostak reported that our Cinco de Mayo breakfast was a success
- W:. Bob Meeks reported that we are all set to present the 12 bicycles for the Bikes for Books tomorrow at Madeira Beach Fundamental School.
- W:. David Neville congratulated our PR committee for the 8 articles that were in the recent Florida Mason Magazine.
- The craft donated $100.00 to the Keep Pinellas Beautiful Program
- The craft gave their direction for our Grand Lodge delegates on the last five Proposed Legislative Resolutions.
- W:. David Neville received a Grand Lodge of Wisconsin pin from W:. John Marra (image below at right)
We hope to see you next Thursday at our called communication.