It was election night! Here are the 2019 Elected and Appointed Officers
- Worshipful Master Elect – David Neville
- Senior Warden Elect – Patrick Lynch
- Junior Warden Elect – Mark Sawa-Szostak
- Treasurer- David Webster
- Secretary – Howard Knapp
- Chaplain – Donald Harriott
- Marshal- Bob Meeks
- Senior Deacon Appointed – Steve Johnson
- Junior Deacon Appointed – Joe Sosa
- Senior Steward Appointed – Buck Owens
- Junior Steward Appointed – Craig Hunter
- Musician Appointed – Jim Frobe
- Tyler Appointed – Mark Niceley
Congratulations to all the newly elected and/or appointed officers for 2019. Open Installation will be on Saturday January 5, 2019 at 1:00 PM at the Masonic Temple with refreshments to follow.
Here are the other things that were accomplished last night.
- Brother Tracy Livingston returned his FC catechism and will be Raised on January 10th by the Past Masters
- A Petition for Affiliation was read
- Brother Jim Frobe was elected as a Dual Member
- R:.W:. Earl Ray was elected as a Plural Member
- Brother Wittstruck reported that our Thanksgiving Basket delivery went well, we supported eight families.
- $800 was provided for our Christmas Food Basket program
- $200 was provided for Christmas gifts for our five sponsored Masonic Home residents
- It was reported that our Annual Angel Tree event at Tyrone Mall was a success, twenty two members and family took part
- We passed our quarterly kitchen health inspection with flying colors
- Masonic Education was given on Lodge Bylaws and amending the same
- A written proposal to raise Lodge dues was accepted by the members present and after written notice to the craft will come up for ball ballot on December 20th
- The Senior Warden (Worshipful Master Elect) presented his balanced Budget for 2019 which was accepted by the members present and spread in the minutes.
- Family Bowling – Saturday December 8th at 11:00 AM (Seminole Lanes)
- FC Degree – Thursday December 13th (Candidate – Gregg Pappas)
- Food Basket Delivery – Saturday December 22nd (Start time TBA)
Gulf Beach Masonic Lodge, located at 14020 Marguerite Dr. in Madeira Beach helped bring Holiday cheer to eight local families in need. Eighteen Masons, friends and family members prepared and delivered the Thanksgiving food baskets to less fortunate families in the area. The baskets included a large turkey, pies, and all the sides necessary for the most sumptuous Thanksgiving dinner. Gulf Beach Lodge is pleased to be able to assist in making this a great holiday season for those most in need. Gulf Beach Lodge has provided Holiday baskets for over 45 years and looks forward to continuing the tradition well into the future.
- Brother Gregg Pappas returned his EA Catechism in fine fashion
- Brother Sánchez from Seattle was a first time visitor
- Cards went out to our sick and distressed brothers
- A Petition was read for Plural Membership
- Brother Paul Payne received his 25 year certificate and pin (photo below)
- Thanksgiving food baskets are ready to deliver this weekend
- The craft donated $100.00 to the Suncoast Master Mason Assn for the Christmas fund for the Masonic Home Employees
- The craft approved donating $100 each to our Emeritus members for Thanksgiving
- The craft created an Annual Award to be called the “Steven M. Fetherman JROTC Award of Excellence” after our departed Past Master.
- W:. Jim Charrette, D18 Chairman for Public Education and Citizenship, gave a short talk on his District Committee.
- R:.W:. Knapp gave Masonic Education on balloting procedures during elections coming up on the first meeting in December.
Following a wonderful meal prepared by Junior Warden, Brother Pat Lynch, thirty-one Masons attended the Entered Apprentice Degree for Brother Tasos John Oureilidis, our newest EA, and welcomed him into the fraternity. Brother David Neville, Senior Warden, sat in the East to confer the Degree and did an outstanding job. The lecture was delivered by R:.W:. Howard Knapp, the charge and Lambskin Poem by Br:. Mark Sawa-Szostak.
Welcome to the Fraternity Brother Oureilidis!!