Called Communication. Dinner at 6:30 pm with an Exemplification of the Fellow Craft Degree by the new officers at 7:30 pm. First-time visitors: Please read the Information for Visitors page on this website.
The three principle officers of Gulf Beach Lodge (Worshipful Master, Senior Warden and Junior Warden) along with the Marshal, Howard Feldman, attended the Board Meeting at the Masonic Home today. While there they presented the Grand Master, M∴W∴ John W. Westerman III a check for $100.00 for the Let Your Pennies Make Good Cents (LYPMGC) which is the Masonic Home endowment fund.
A great and very well attended evening of Freemasonry on Thursday at Gulf Beach Lodge No. 291’s Stated Communication! Among the highlights from the evening were…
- A special election for the Secretary position as per Grand Lodge of Florida dispensation.
- Worshipful David Neville was elected and installed as Secretary.
- Brother Roy Puccini was presented with a 55 year Gold Pin from the Grand Lodge of Florida in appreciation of his 55 years of loyal and faithful service to the gentle craft of Freemasonry.
- Brother Tim Delaney was installed as Tyler.
- Committee Reports were submitted, including reports by the Senior Warden on Finance and the Keep Pinellas Beautiful Project.
Next Thursday is a Called Communication. There will be a demonstration of the Fellowcraft Degree, and we hope to see you all there!
(Photo L-R: Bro:. Delaney, W:. Lynch, W:. Neville; Event report by Bro:. Stephen Johnson, Junior Warden)
On Thursday, January 9th at 7:30 pm, Brother Thomas Sulek gave a wonderful and exciting presentation on the life and history of Brother Theodore Roosevelt (and the Teddy Bear)!
Thank you, Brother Sulek, for the presentation, and to all who attended!
Gulf Beach Masonic Lodge No. 291, located at 14020 Marguerite Dr. Madeira Beach, held its 70th Annual Installation of Lodge Officers on Saturday, January 4th at the Masonic Temple. The Installation of the 2020 Lodge Officers was open to members and the public alike. The new Lodge Officers for 2020 are Patrick Lynch, Worshipful Master; Mark Sawa-Szostak, Senior Warden; Steve Johnson, Junior Warden; David Webster, Treasurer; Joe Sosa, Senior Deacon; Bobby Burkett, Junior Deacon; Craig Hunter, Senior Steward; Zach Zukowski, Junior Steward; Donald Harriott, Chaplain; Howard Feldman, Marshal; Tim Delaney, Tyler and Jim Frobe, Musician.
The Installation was led by Right Worshipful Howard W. Knapp, Past District Deputy Grand Master, assisted by Derryl B. O’Neal, Past District Deputy Grand Master, Installing Marshal; Donald T. Harriott, Past Master, Installing Chaplain; and Joe Finocchiaro, Past Master, Installing Musician. Refreshments followed the program and were prepared by the members of the Gulf Beach Chapter No. 241 Order of the Eastern Star.
There will be no meeting this evening.
Gulf Beach Masonic Lodge, located at 14020 Marguerite Dr. in Madeira Beach helped bring Holiday cheer to eleven local families in need. Sixteen Masons, friends and family members prepared and delivered Christmas food baskets to less fortunate families in the area. The baskets included a large turkey, pies, and all the sides necessary for the most sumptuous Christmas dinner. Gulf Beach Lodge is pleased to be able to assist in making this a great holiday season for those most in need. Gulf Beach Lodge has provided Holiday baskets for over 45 years and looks forward to continuing the tradition well into the future.
(Photo – Lodge members pose with gift boxes for Christmas)
It was a wonderful night of Freemasonry last night at Gulf Beach Lodge. Here is what we accomplished.
- The brothers enjoyed a traditional stuffed cabbage dinner
- A first-time visitor from East Palestine Lodge, No. 417, in Ohio was welcomed
- Cards were sent to our sick and distressed brothers and families
- Brother Victor Crist received his 40 year Service Award and a Lifetime Achievement Award
- W∴ Webster gave his Year-End Treasurer’s Report
- R∴W∴ Knapp gave his Year-End Secretary’s Report
- Resolutions were approved to sponsor two of our Brothers in the Masonic Home
- Brother Howard Feldman was recognized for his hard work in the kitchen this year
- Twenty-seven Brothers were thanked for taking part in the recent Angel Tree Program
Lodge will be dark next Thursday, December 26th. The Master and Officers wish everyone safe and Happy Holidays!
6:00 – 9:00 pm: Bring your family and friends and some prepared dishes and enjoy the evening at the Lodge.