Gulf Beach Masonic Lodge No. 291, located at 14020 Marguerite Dr. Madeira Beach, held its 69th Annual Installation of Lodge Officers on Saturday January 5th at the Masonic Temple. The Installation of the 2019 Lodge Officers was open to members and public alike. The new Lodge Officers for 2019 are David Neville, Worshipful Master; Patrick Lynch, Senior Warden; Mark Sawa-Szostak, Junior Warden; Howard Knapp, Secretary; David Webster, Treasurer; Steve Johnson, Senior Deacon; Joe Sosa, Junior Deacon; Buck Owens, Senior Steward; Craig Hunter, Junior Steward; Donald Harriott, Chaplain; Bob Meeks, Marshal; and Mark Niceley, Tyler.
The Installation was led by Right Worshipful Howard W. Knapp, Past District Deputy Grand Master of Gulf Beach Lodge assisted by Right Worshipful Derryl B. O’Neal, Past District Deputy Grand, Installing Marshal; Worshipful Donald T. Harriott, Past Master, Installing Chaplain; and Worshipful Joseph R. Finocchiaro, Past Master, Installing Musician. Also in attendance at the Installation was the District Deputy Grand Master of the 18th Masonic District, Matthew B. Winters and the Grand Marshal of the Grand Lodge of Florida, Right Worshipful Robert Lambert.
Refreshments followed the program and were prepared by the ladies of the Gulf Beach Chapter No. 241 Order of the Eastern Star.
It was a wonderful night of Masonry last night at Gulf Beach Lodge! The 2018 Lodge Officers put on their last meeting prior to Installation coming up this Saturday at 1.00pm. Here are the great things that were accomplished.
- Brother Craig Hunter returned his Master Mason Catechism and was presented his Lambskin Apron and Proficiency Card.
- Brother Tom Sulek was elected into membership
- W:. Jim Charrette was elected a Plural Member
- Br:. David Chestnut received his Perpetual Membership Certificate, card and pin
- Br:. Ted Nelson received his 50 year certificate, card and pin
- W:. Chuck Carter received his 50 year certificate, card and pin as a courtesy for Kathleen Lodge.
- Money was advanced to the OES for Installation Refeshments
- The Master, Treasurer and Secretary gave their 2018 annual reports and received a standing ovation from the craft.
- Two members were elected to be placed on Emeritus Status
- The craft donated $100.00 to the MSA Green Envelope Campaign
- A recognition plaque was approved for a deserving brother.
- A gift card was approved for a deserving brother.
- Masonic Education was given by R:.W:. Howard Knapp on the “Book of Constitutions”
What a wonderful night of Masonry last night! Here is what was accomplished.
- Brother Gregg Pappas returned his FC catechism one week after receiving his degree.
- A first time visitor from Pittsburgh Lodge No. 45 was in attendance
- Brother Witstruck announced that we will deliver 10 Christmas food baskets to families in need in our area on Saturday.
- This Saturday we will be delivering gifts to our Masonic Home sponsored residents and joining them for lunch.
- Br:. Sawa-Szostak, Masonic Education Chairman, reported that we nearly doubled the points required to receive the Grand Lodge Masonic Education recognition
- The craft unanimously approved the proposed dues increase for 2020, dues will increase by $15 pending approval of the Grand Master
- The craft approved sponsorship of a Youth Basketball Team at the Madeira Beach Rec Dept.
- The craft approved sponsoring four needy youths to take part in the Mad Bch Basketball Season at the cost of $80 each.
- The W:. Master Elect stated that his Masters Project for 2019 is to recover the officer chairs and to purchase a corner stone plaque to be placed on the exterior NE corner of the Lodge.
- The craft approved the purchase of a new water heater for the Lodge
- R:.W:. Knapp gave Masonic Education on the difference between a Funeral Lodge and a Lodge of Sorrow.
The brothers present enjoyed true fellowship and brotherly love….
Just a reminder: Lodge is Dark next Thursday for the Holidays, please enjoy time with your family and loved ones.
It was election night! Here are the 2019 Elected and Appointed Officers
- Worshipful Master Elect – David Neville
- Senior Warden Elect – Patrick Lynch
- Junior Warden Elect – Mark Sawa-Szostak
- Treasurer- David Webster
- Secretary – Howard Knapp
- Chaplain – Donald Harriott
- Marshal- Bob Meeks
- Senior Deacon Appointed – Steve Johnson
- Junior Deacon Appointed – Joe Sosa
- Senior Steward Appointed – Buck Owens
- Junior Steward Appointed – Craig Hunter
- Musician Appointed – Jim Frobe
- Tyler Appointed – Mark Niceley
Congratulations to all the newly elected and/or appointed officers for 2019. Open Installation will be on Saturday January 5, 2019 at 1:00 PM at the Masonic Temple with refreshments to follow.
Here are the other things that were accomplished last night.
- Brother Tracy Livingston returned his FC catechism and will be Raised on January 10th by the Past Masters
- A Petition for Affiliation was read
- Brother Jim Frobe was elected as a Dual Member
- R:.W:. Earl Ray was elected as a Plural Member
- Brother Wittstruck reported that our Thanksgiving Basket delivery went well, we supported eight families.
- $800 was provided for our Christmas Food Basket program
- $200 was provided for Christmas gifts for our five sponsored Masonic Home residents
- It was reported that our Annual Angel Tree event at Tyrone Mall was a success, twenty two members and family took part
- We passed our quarterly kitchen health inspection with flying colors
- Masonic Education was given on Lodge Bylaws and amending the same
- A written proposal to raise Lodge dues was accepted by the members present and after written notice to the craft will come up for ball ballot on December 20th
- The Senior Warden (Worshipful Master Elect) presented his balanced Budget for 2019 which was accepted by the members present and spread in the minutes.
- Family Bowling – Saturday December 8th at 11:00 AM (Seminole Lanes)
- FC Degree – Thursday December 13th (Candidate – Gregg Pappas)
- Food Basket Delivery – Saturday December 22nd (Start time TBA)