R∴W∴ Rick Wendling, District Deputy Grand Master of District 18, held his first official visit at Gulf Beach Lodge No. 291 last night in presence of 44 members and visitors. Traveling with R∴W∴ Rick were the District Instructor, R∴H∴ Tom Quay along with 12 of the District Committeemen.
The evening began with a wonderful meal prepared by the Junior Warden, Mark Sawa-Szostak. Here is the business that was conducted.
- Introduction and Grand Honors for the DDGM
- Introduction of dignitaries in attendance
- First time visitors from Rhode Island and Punta Gorda were welcomed
- A prayer and moment of silence was offered in memory of W∴W∴ John E. Karroum
- The craft donated $100 to the Rainbow Girls and $100 to the DeMolay in memory of M∴W∴ Karroum
- The craft voted to donate $200 to a fundraiser in Madeira Beach raising money to offset the expense of a kidney transplant for the husband of the Fire Chief’s Administrative Assistant.
- A moment of silence was offered in honor of D-Day and Br ∴ Dean Fink was recognized as our last WWII veteran at Gulf Beach Lodge.
- R∴W∴ Rick Wendling was presented an Honorary Membership to Gulf Beach Lodge
- Brs∴ Mark Sawa-Szostak and Roy Puccini received certificates from the Suncoast Master Mason Assn. for their participation in the recent Valspar Fundraiser
- The District Committeemen each gave a short talk on their committee
- R∴W∴ Wendling gave Masonic Education on the duties of the Lodge Investigating Committee
- R∴W∴ Wendling gave the Grand Master’s Address which was well received.