Gulf Beach Lodge No. 291 held its first meeting for 2021 under the direction of the newly installed Lodge Officers. A great evening was enjoyed by all in attendance and much was accomplished. For those unable to attend here is what we did.
- A thank you was read from R∴W∴ Michael Rhoades (District Deputy Grand Master) for receiving an Honorary Membership to our Lodge
- Prayers and cards went out to our Sick and Distressed brothers
- W∴ Mark Sawa-Szostak presented officer insignia pins to his 2021 line
- The Master installed Brs∴ Bobby Burkett (Senior Deacon) and Billy Sewell (Tyler) for 2021 as they were unable to attend the installation last Saturday.
- The craft donated $100 to the U.S. Special Olympics on behalf of Phillip Lynch, brother of our Junior Past Master, W∴ Patrick Lynch
- End of the Year (2020) reports were shared with the craft
- W∴ Sawa-Szostak announced that W∴ David Webster has retired from the Treasurer position after 13 years of service. The craft is sorry to see him step down and appreciates his long and faithful service.
- W∴ Jim Charrette is the new Treasurer (Plural member of Gulf Beach Lodge and Past Master of Star Lodge No. 78)
- Br∴ Steve Johnson, Senior Warden, reported that the Lodge is now wired with WiFi, he mentioned that our first live streamed open installation was made possible by the WiFi.
- The PR Team thanked Br∴ Robert Graziani, who lives in Texas, for the great job he does with our website.
- W∴ Sawa-Szostak gave Masonic Education on the similarity and differences of Lodge Installations in other Grand Jurisdictions
Join us on January 14, 2021 for the Master Mason Degree, Br∴ Chip Cahall will be Raised.
(Note: Per W∴ Sawa-Szostak, the Grand Lodge Directive No. 13 regarding masks & social distancing while at Lodge events and meetings will be strictly adhered to.)
Brs∴ Bobby Burkett and Billy Sewell were installed to their new places in the Lodge.
(L-R Bobby Burkett, Senior Deacon; Mark Sawa-Szostak, Master; Billy Sewell, Tyler; Richard Hightower, Marshal)